Coloured Raine is one of those brands that get a lot of love for a reason. Besides being a BOMB (Black Owned Makeup Brand) their products are really good and are affordable. When it was announced that they would be bringing back their Safari Raine eyeshadow palette I immediately signed up to be notified. It was a palette that was well-received by everyone who reviewed it and continued to use it after the initial release.
I also purchased a few of their singles because I remembered my homie Makeup Struggles (God rest her channel) always used to say that they were her favorite formula. Keep reading to see swatches of what I ordered.
All swatches were done on bare arm and applied with a my finger. Shade descriptions from the brand’s website.
- Toucan: orange gold foil
- Clay: matte mustard clay with orange undertone
- Tigress: orange foil (with red undertones)
- Congo Basin: olive green matte shade
- Green Valley: foil olive green with gold reflects
- Jungle: matte ivy green
- Lioness: bright gold
- Amazon Basin: subtle platinum silver with brown and lavender undertones
- Matriach: deep matte brown with warm neutral undertones
- Downtown – copper metallic. Looks similar to Tigress but is brighter.
- Cinnamon Lust – medium red-brown satin
- Dethrone – warm brown foil
Buy Coloured Raine’s singles here along with their other product offerings. You can also find some of their smaller palettes and lip products at a Target near you (although I don’t prefer those formulas because they’re more firmly pressed). Share below your favorite Coloured Raine products are.